This is a
rear view of the Community Center
located at the corner of Avenida Del Mar and
Calle Seville, under construction in 1926.
The total cost was $100,000.
It was used to lure
prospective buyers. It was given as a gift when the city
incorporated in 1928. Destroyed by fire in 1970, the
largest single structure fire in San Clemente history,
with damage estimated at $106,000. It was rebuilt, and is
the center for many community functions today.